This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
My husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. He was raised in Idaho and that is what he grew up eating. If he had his way, he would eat some sort of beef and some sort of potatoes 6 days a week. What would he eat on the seventh day? Probably pizza. I did not grow up eating that way. My dad was in the U.S. Air Force and we moved all over the place for his job. Since we moved so much, we ate a wide variety of food. I’m pretty sure that I couldn’t eat red meat and potatoes every day. My challenge when I married my husband, almost 25 years ago, was to introduce him to variety in his diet. Veggies too, because he didn’t eat many of those either. Sometimes you find something that everyone loves. Yay! This Cheesy Baked Chicken is one of those recipes and I’m so glad because it is one of my favorite ways to eat chicken.
When you make this chicken, don’t let it scare you. It’s really easy to make. Promise. I used plain panko bread crumbs that I found in the bulk bins at our local grocery store. The reason I used panko is because they get crispier than regular bread crumbs. If you don’t want it super crispy, you can use regular dry bread crumbs. Also, if you run out of butter while your sealing in the crunch and flavor, feel free to add more. You can never have too much butter.
Cheesy Baked Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a cereal size bowl, beat the eggs and milk until well beaten.
- In a larger size bow, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and Italian seasoning.
- Trim fat from chicken and cut into strips.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and then bread crumb mixture.
- Lightly fry chicken in butter until lightly browned on each side, turning once. About 2 minutes per side.
- Place chicken on greased or covered baking sheet.
- When all the chicken is browned, bake for 20 - 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve.
If you like chicken as much as we do, you can make extra. It is great as a leftover and it is also great cold, so take it on a picnic, with some potato or macaroni salad, watermelon and lemonade. Our favorite things to have with this chicken are mashed potatoes and corn. It is one of my family’s favorite meals. When I made this for my grand kids, my grandson asked for thirds. He said it is really great and he is a picky eater. I hope you and your family will love this as much as we do.
RELATED POST FROM FEARLESSLY CREATIVE MAMMAS