DIY Cocoa Melts
As it gets colder, there’s really nothing like some delicious hot cocoa while snuggled in a fuzzy blanket! You can do these simple DIY Cocoa Melts wrapped up as a gift, so others can enjoy a creamy cup when they want, or keep some for yourself on those chilly evenings!
I got the idea for these Cocoa Melts when I was making our Chocolate Rimmed Party Glasses for Christmas Eve this week. What should I do with all the leftover melted chocolate and delicious toppings? Then it hit me….mix them all up so that we could enjoy them as totally flavorful hot chocolate later!
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate (either chips or bricks)
- Andes Peppermint Pieces
- Dried mini marshmallows (like an ice cream topping, comes in a shake-able container)
- Cupcake liners (silicone works best)
- Melt the chocolate completely. I do this by putting it in a microwave-safe bowl and heating on 50% power for 30 second intervals, stirring well between, until it’s melted. Stir in some of the peppermint pieces and marshmallows. It’s up to you how much to use!
- Scoop into the cupcake liners and fill about 3/4 the way full. Stick in the fridge or freezer so the chocolate hardens. Then you can just pop them out and either wrap them up as a gift, or place in a zipper baggie for you to enjoy later!
- To turn into hot chocolate (per cocoa melt piece): Heat 3 cups milk in a sauce pan. Once boiling, add the cocoa melt and reduce heat to a simmer. Stir until the entire piece is melted. Pour into cocoa glasses and enjoy! (careful, may be hot!)
Note: if you like it more rich and chocolaty, just do 2 cups of milk. You can always mix more milk in after to cool it down, too!
Get creative and try other mix-ins, if you want!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- What Size is a Bassinet Mattress: Buyers Guide - April 12, 2023
- How to Make Bassinet More Comfortable for Your Child - March 30, 2023
- How to Clean a Halo Bassinet: Easy Tips and Tricks - March 28, 2023