I'm a really high-stress type of person, always have been. Even with little things, I…
As a busy mom (or dad) you have to wear a lot of hats. You’re juggling a lot of things at once, and the stress from all of these responsibilities can really start to add up over time. I’m already a pretty high-stress person, so when you add in the dozens of responsibilities I have to take on daily, it can be extremely overwhelming. Here’s some tips I’ve learned on how to battle daily stress – because we can’t run on ‘flight or fight’ forever!
Obviously, it’s important that we make time every day to help wind down from the stress of the day, lest it become too much. We don’t always have that option, but we can TRY to fit in even a few minutes to help us breathe and recover. Let’s take a look at a few ways to battle daily stress:
1. Unplug – Sometimes we just need to get away from it all. No electronics, no phones or social media, and no news. It can really help you unwind and relax after a very stressful day. Sometimes these things can push you over the edge even on a normal day, so unplugging is good for you. When hubby and I went on our big anniversary trip last year, it was the most relaxed I’ve ever been. We didn’t completely unwind, but compared to our normal days, it was a big difference!
2. Take a bath – A nice warm bath with bubbles or your favorite bath bomb can be just the right thing to help you relax at the end of a stressful day.
3. Get enough sleep – It may seem difficult when there is already so much to do but getting enough sleep each night will help you complete all of those tasks on your to-do list while also keeping your stress levels down. Never underestimate the importance of a good night’s sleep – or a nap!
4. Laugh often – Laughter really is good for the soul and when you can laugh some every day, you help release stress and it creates positive vibes that you will carry with you throughout the day. I’m so grateful that my hubby and kids keep me laughing every day, because sometimes that’s the only thing that helps me not get overwhelmed.
5. Talk to someone – Venting your frustrations, catching up with an old friend, or talking to your partner about your days are all ways to help battle daily stress. Don’t feel you need to just stay quiet and hold it all in. We’re meant to get through life TOGETHER, not alone.
What are your best tips to battle daily stress?
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…