Just 5 Ingredients for Express Lane Cooking Recipes
I received a free copy of Express Lane Cooking to facilitate my review. All opinions are entirely my own. This post contains affiliate links.
Life’s way too busy to spend forever in the kitchen making dinner, right? Not only that, but I don’t want to buy a dozen ingredients for every single recipe I’m making that week! I was so excited for Shawn Syphus’ (of I Wash…You Dry) new cookbook to come out, because everything is Just 5 Ingredients for Express Lane Cooking Recipes!
I met Shawn at the Click Retreat this past January, and she was such a fun and sweet gal! I’d already been a fan of her blog, and her recipes are seriously amazing! I couldn’t wait to test out these yummy creations – and she didn’t disappoint!
What makes this cookbook so special is that ALL of the recipes only require FIVE ingredients. Yup, you heard that correct – just FIVE! She then gives you THREE recipes you can create with those same five ingredients. So you’ve got easy recipes that are totally versatile and won’t break the bank with tons of stuff to buy! She gives a section at the beginning with her list of must-haves for a well-stocked kitchen, like your spice drawer, pantry and fridge. There’s also tips throughout the book, such as how to get juicier grilledÂ chicken – like this recipe I tried from the book and get to share with you!
Peach Stuffed Chicken Rolls
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 ripe peach, pitted and diced
- 2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- 4 thick slices of Brie cheese
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully butterfly your chicken breasts, opening them up like a page in a book. Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of parchment paper and pound them to an even thickness. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lay a few fresh basil leaves on one side of each chicken breast, top with a tablespoon of diced peaches and 1/2 tablespoon of pine nuts. Lay 1 slice of Brie on top of that and fold the chicken over the filling, using a toothpick to secure it closed.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet and sear the chicken for 3 minutes per side, then transfer the skillet to the oven for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through. The Brie might ooze out a bit around the chicken, just scoop it up and serve with the cooked chicken. This chicken pairs perfectly with a simple side salad.
Totally do-able, and it was a huge hit with the entire family! So far I’ve also tried out the Grilled Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Summer Vegetables (I’m a sucker for tomatoes and zucchini!) – LOVED it just as much!
Express Lane Cooking contains 80 quick-shop dinner ideas, so you have plenty variety to choose from! I love how she labeled her sections:
Leave it to the Birds – Poultry
Meat Me in the Kitchen – Beef/Pork
Plenty of Fish in the Sea – Seafood
Let’s Veg – Meatless Meals
A Sweet Ending – 5 Ingredient Desserts
Fun, right?! I’m seriously stoked to try out one of the dessert recipes soon – just a matter of choosing which one to do first. So do yourself a favor and nab Shawn’s Express Lane Cooking now to give yourself delicious, simple and 5-ingredient recipes to please your whole family!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- What Size is a Bassinet Mattress: Buyers Guide - April 12, 2023
- How to Make Bassinet More Comfortable for Your Child - March 30, 2023
- How to Clean a Halo Bassinet: Easy Tips and Tricks - March 28, 2023