This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
Whether you’re celebrating the start of a new school year, have a big family gathering, or a big sports party, you’ll be well-prepared with this delicious, Party Ready Black Bean Dip. Easy to whip up, it’ll be sure to please the crowd for any get together you have coming up. Or even just enjoy it as a snack for a lazy movie-filled afternoon – it’s totally up to you!
Note: makes about 2 cups of dip
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Black Beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 medium Red Onion, roughly chopped
- 4 -6 cloves Garlic, peeled & minced
- 2 Jalapeños, seeded & chopped
- 1 tbsp. of Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh Lime Juice (1 whole lime approximately + more if desired)
- ¼ cup Water (approximate)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped Cilantro, plus more for garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a small saucepan.
- Add the onions, garlic and jalapeños and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft – about ten minutes. Don’t let it brown.
- Meanwhile: open, drain and thoroughly rinse the black beans.
- Transfer the cooked onion mixture to a blender or food processor. Add the black beans, salt, lime juice, water and cilantro. Blend until smooth, stopping and scraping the sides as you go.
- If the dip is too thick, add more water or lime juice, a little at a time to thin it out a bit.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, then transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm, cold or room temperature with tortilla chips.
- Most of the heat from the jalapeños is in the seeds and ribs, so leave those out. If you like a spicier dip, reserve the seeds and add them little by little when you’re blending the dip.
- Ground Cumin is a staple in most bean based dips. If you want, add about ¼ to ½ teaspoon of ground cumin while blending. Cumin is a strong spice, so a little goes a long way.
Which chips would you enjoy with this bean dip?
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- 5 Tips for a Multi-age Family Halloween - October 18, 2019
- Comfy & Cute Styles from NYFifth - October 9, 2019
- Harry Potter Christmas 2019: Universal’s Wizarding World Celebration - September 18, 2019