Rocky Road Crunch Bars from Leftover Candy
Every year we have tons of leftover Halloween candy or holiday candy to use up. Luckily now I have the recipe for these delicious Rocky Road Crunch Bars, made from leftover candy! We can make the perfect holiday treat, even gift some to the neighbors, and not let that pile of leftover candy go to waste. It’s a win-win!
Don’t these chocolate bars look festive? I love the colorful speckles throughout them – they’re just great for holiday parties!
I love that these are full of delicious flavor, with a surprise in each bite with the random marshmallows and candies throughout. They cut so nicely, it’s easy to make these beautiful bars into a treat plate to gift to friends, family, neighbors or those random guests that may suddenly show up during this time of year!
- 6 cups of leftover candy – chocolate types, not hard one like suckers/etc. – chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup milk or heavy cream (optional)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Line a 9×9 square pan with parchment paper or grease a 9×9 foil pan with butter. Set aside.
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Place a large bowl, big enough to fit on top of the saucepan without touching the water, and fill with your chopped candies and butter. Heat until everything is melted, stirring constantly.
- If the mixture becomes too sticky to mix, add a splash of milk,half and half or heavy cream to thin it out a bit.
- Once the melted chocolates resembles a thick chocolate syrup, take it off the heat and add the mini marshmallows and M&Ms. Mix well and immediately pour into the prepared pan. Spread as evenly as possible.
- If desired, top with some finely chopped nuts for a festive feel. We love Walnuts, but almonds or hazelnuts are good options, too.
- Refrigerate the Rocky Road Crunch Bars for 2-3 hours, until it hardens. Cut into 16 squares or 8 bars and enjoy with a glass of cold milk or cup of hot chocolate.
Now that you have a tasty (and easy) use for all that leftover candy, you can put it to good use and whip up some Rocky Road Crunch Bars for your next party, or just because!
What candy do YOU have most leftover?
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- What Size is a Bassinet Mattress: Buyers Guide - April 12, 2023
- How to Make Bassinet More Comfortable for Your Child - March 30, 2023
- How to Clean a Halo Bassinet: Easy Tips and Tricks - March 28, 2023