EPIC fail! Ever get those recipes where you are so excited to try them and…
This amazingly flavorful Tomato Basil Compound Butter seems like something you could only get at a fancy restaurant, but it’s really so simple to make at home in just a few minutes!
Well hello there! I’m Ang – the Juggling Act Mama – and I’m thrilled to be a part of Danielle’s creative team here at Busy Mom’s Helper. I blog about food, crafts, DIY and all kinds of other stuff, so I hope you’ll come visit me soon!
Today, I’m excited to share with you one of my most favorite kinds of recipes – 5 minute recipes! This Tomato Basil Compound Butter comes together in just 5 minutes – for real. It’s packed with flavor, looks beautiful, and is perfect for company, parties, or any old time you want.
I love making my own compound butters. They seem so fancy and fussy, but they’re really so simple. And so very, very delicious! This one pairs two of my favorite flavors – tomato and basil. My husband, affectionately dubbed Mr. Juggling Act Mama, is Italian and I’ve come to love the flavors he grew up eating. This Tomato Basil Compound Butter really couldn’t be simpler – the key is starting with room temperature butter. Be sure you don’t get impatient and pop it into the microwave because that will ruin the texture.
Tomato Basil Compound Butter
- 1 stick of salted butter room temperature
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Ground black pepper to taste optional
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine the room temperature butter, tomato paste and basil.
- Whip together on medium until well combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer the mixture to a ramekin and refrigerate until firm.
You can serve this Tomato Basil Compound Butter so many different ways. My favorite is to spread it on Italian bread with a sprinkle of granulated garlic salt – it makes the most incredible garlic bread. It’s also delicious on pasta, and even chicken or steak.
I have lots of compound butters on Juggling Act Mama, here are some reader favorites:
I hope you’ll stop by and visit me soon! Until next time…
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Angela Paris (see all)
- Easy Lox Recipe at Home – Surprise Your Family! - July 31, 2020
- Perfect Gifts for Your Best Friend – Top 5 Ideas - July 29, 2020
- Decorate Your Kitchen with Unique Items – Top 5 Ideas - July 23, 2020