Turn Your Baby’s Clothes to Cute Tiny Bear Toys
If you’re a mom to little children, you surely know how great onesies are. The power of onesies goes well beyond comfort. They often stand as mementos of other times when your children were tiny and helpless. It evokes feelings of nostalgia that will remind you how cute your children were. Not that they’re not cute now, but they were just adorable as babies.
The good news is that you can turn these onesies into tiny bear toys your kid will cuddle with overnight. It’s simple and doesn’t require any technical know how. You only need a toy and a pair of onesies you no longer use. Thanks to these memory bears, your kid will have a toy with strong emotional value.
How to Make Memory Bears
To start, you’ll need a pair of onesies and other fabrics and materials you plan to use. A memory bear sewing pattern can be bought online for easier instructions.
- To start, trace the pieces in the kit, cut them to size and pay attention to the lines.
- Sew the pieces as instructed and make sure not to miss any part.
- After finishing the head, sew the tummy and inner legs including the back pieces.
- The footpads come in the end. You then move to the inner arms to construct the body.
- Join the head and body in the end, turn the onesie inside out, and pin everything together at the neck seams. All that’s left is to sew the head on and turn the right sides out.
Watch the tutorials to get a better idea of what you should do. These cute memory bears can also be made with your baby’s favorite blanket or a pair of pajamas. Instead of throwing these mementos out, you will transform them into powerful toys that will always have a special place in your heart.
Source: Julie Wittenzellner
Frequently Asked Questions
Most people use synthetic materials like polyester or acrylic, but natural materials like cotton or wool are also popular. Some people even use silk or mohair. It really depends on your personal preference and what you think will be the best material for your teddy bear.
A ladder stitch is the best stitch for stuffed animals because it is very secure and will not come undone. It is also easy to do and does not require a lot of sewing skills.
Natural fabrics like cotton or wool will be the most comfortable for a stuffed animal. they will also be the safest, as they won’t contain any harmful chemicals that could potentially irritate a child’s skin. But if you’re using our strategy, you can use your baby’s old clothes!
Now you should be a master of getting creative with your baby’s old clothes! After you have followed these steps, you will have made an adorable teddy bear out of your baby’s sleeper. This is a great way to upcycle an old piece of clothing and give it new life as a cherished toy. Feel free to put your own unique twist on this design!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Angela Paris (see all)
- Turkey Pesto Panini Sandwich - February 13, 2023
- You’ll Love This Roaster Brussels Sprouts Dish - February 4, 2023
- My Chicken Kitchen Recipe - January 21, 2023