This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
I’m on a roll with easy breakfast recipes lately – and my family is loving it! These Chocolate Banana Muffins are moist and full of delicious flavor. PLUS – they’re super quick to make, especially if you just bake them the night before and serve them in the morning!
If you’re like me, you ALWAYS have bananas around – I mean, they are one of the least expensive fruits you can get, right? From snacks, to a side of fruit, and now in yummy banana recipes, they’re perfect. My kids had been asking for chocolate muffins for breakfast, so as I was trying to decide which recipe to put together, I looked over at our basket of bananas and saw several of them getting to that perfect banana-bread level of ripe. Score – chocolate banana muffins were born!
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3-1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 stick Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2-3 Cups Mashed Bananas (about 3-4 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream or Vanilla Yogurt (yogurt will make it a bit sweeter)
- 1/2-1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F. Bake or line 18 muffin cups (I only have 12-cup pans, so had to do a pan and a half). Set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a mixer and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop into the prepared muffin cups and fill about 3/4 of the way full. The rise a tiny bit, but not TONS.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool, then either serve or store in an airtight container!
These turned out amazing, and now I want to try a few variations of it! What would they be like with pumpkin or vanilla chips? Perhaps tossing in some almonds or walnuts would really bring it to a new level. Anywho – these are a great breakfast to start the day off, as well as a great after school snack idea! Enjoy!
Other Easy Breakfast Ideas
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- Harry Potter Christmas 2019: Universal’s Wizarding World Celebration - September 18, 2019
- Disney Character Meet & Greets You May Not Know About - September 16, 2019
- How to Reduce Kitchen Chaos - September 16, 2019