This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 cups Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (NOT melted)
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees F. Spray or line two 12-cup cupcake tins. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the Flour, Baking Powder and Salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the Eggs, Sugar and Vanilla about 3-5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add the melted Chocolate and melted Butter, continue beating until well-combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined. Stir in the (not melted) Chocolate Chips.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake tins/liners, filling about 2/3 of the way to the top.
- Bake about 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out MOSTLY clean (some moistness is fine).
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- 2 cups Vanilla or White Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, bring the Heavy Cream to a simmer. Remove from the heat and add the Vanilla (or White Chocolate) Chips.
- Stir until the chips are fully melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Chill about 1-2 hours, then allow to sit at room temperature about 30 minutes up to an hour – just until it’s the right firmness to frost the cupcakes.
Need some other Chocolate ideas?
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!