This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
Crepes are probably the most-requested breakfast recipe in our family. If you’re like us and love a good batch of crepes, or are just looking for something new to try this season, I highly recommend these Christmas Crepes with Mint Sweet Cream Filling. They’re perfect for the holiday, and taste super delicious! Not only that, but they’re quick to make – because who really has a ton of extra time this week?!
They love it when we whip up a batch of our popular crepes recipe, so I thought that we’d celebrate our first day on holiday break by switching it up a bit and trying something new. I surprised them with these amazing Christmas Crepes for snack, and they were thrilled! I’m sure half that excitement was just for the sprinkles because, well, kids – you know how it is 🙂
Makes about 6 small Christmas Crepes
Ingredients – Crepes
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- Red Food Color (optional) – I used about 8 drops
Ingredients – Mint Sweet Cream Filling
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar (plus more if needed for desired consistency)
- 1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Mint Extract
Optional: Sprinkles, Powdered Sugar for sprinkling on top, Chocolate Drizzle
- Combine all of the CREPE ingredients in either your blender or a larger bowl or mixer. Blend/mix very well so it’s no longer lumpy.
- Take a small frying pan, spray it with cooking spray, then heat up over medium-low heat. Scoop about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and watch carefully as it cooks.
- When the edges are starting to come up and the crepe slides a bit when you shake the pan side to side, it’s time to flip it over. Don’t over cook!
- Spray your pan before each crepe, and continue through the batter.
- Prepare the mint sweet cream filling by mixing all of the ingredients together until smooth. If it’s runnier than you’d like, add more powdered sugar.
- Fill the finished crepes with filling, then roll up and top as desired (I did powdered sugar and festive sprinkles). Enjoy!
I love doing special holiday recipes for the family, especially when it’s something they enjoy so much. I think these would also be perfect for times like Valentine’s Day even – just switch out the green sprinkles for something pink or silver perhaps!
I do think these may be better as a snack or dessert, being a bit too sweet for breakfast. Wait, is that even possible?!
What’s YOUR favorite type of crepes?
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- Comfy & Cute Styles from NYFifth - October 9, 2019
- Harry Potter Christmas 2019: Universal’s Wizarding World Celebration - September 18, 2019
- Disney Character Meet & Greets You May Not Know About - September 16, 2019