Feeling bored with the same old-same old snacks? Try this refreshing sugar free fruit salsa!…
Hello, and Happy Weekend! This is Stephanie from Steph in Thyme, and today I’m sharing another recipe for healthy homemade veggie chips. Subtly sweet but also savory, these Cinnamon Parsnip Chips are a healthy gluten-free grab-and-go snack.
Last week, I shared a recipe for Truffle and Garlic Kale Chips. So easy, tasty, and healthy, homemade veggie chips are a refreshing take on everyday snacking.
Start by peeling a large parsnip and then using a mandoline slicer to thinly slice a little larger than paper thin. Using a mandoline slices ensures that the slices are thin and even. It’s also super quick to slice with this handy kitchen tool, much easier than slicing by hand!. And when sliced super thin, they get all curly and pretty.
Arrange the parsnip chips in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Lightly spray the chips with non-stick cooking spray, then sprinkle with a light dusting of cinnamon. To dust lightly, hold the ground cinnamon container up high – I mean a good foot to foot and a half above the baking chips. Lightly tap your finger on the bottle to shake out just a bit of ground cinnamon. A light dusting is all you need.
Flip the chips and repeat so both sides are coated.
Bake until light, dry and crispy…and voila!
The parsnip has that light earthy flavor of a root vegetable, with just a hint of subtle sweetness. The dusting of cinnamon seasons them to spiced perfection for fall.
Pair with your favorite dip, or munch on plain. Store in an airtight container to keep the chips fresh if you don’t eat them all right away.
Cinnamon Parsnip Chips
- 1 large parsnip peeled and sliced paper thin
- canola or olive oil cooking spray
- dusting of cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 275 F. Line 2-3 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel the parsnip and trim the tough ends. Using a mandoline slicer or a sharp knife, slice the parsnip into paper thin chips.
- Arrange the chips in a single layer on the baking sheets. Spray lightly with canola or olive oil cooking spray. Lightly dust with cinnamon. Flip chips and repeat.
- Bake chips, one baking sheet at a time, for 25-35 minutes or until dry and crispy. Flip halfway through.
- Remove from oven and scoop chips into a large bowl. Enjoy immediately, or store in an airtight container for 2-5 days.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…