Snowman Fingerprint Craft and Gift
I can’t tell you how much I look forward to Craft Lightning each month! I love joining with other bloggers on one theme, and seeing all the fabulous creations that come out of it. It also gives me a great excuse to unpack some of my crafting supplies and spend some time ‘creating’ – something I’ve missed during the whole moving process. So now I get to share with you this fun and beautiful Snowman Fingerprint Craft and Gift we made!
Remember, the rules with Craft Lightning is that it has to take 15 minutes or less (minus drying time) to create – because who has hours to spend on crafts during the holidays?! I loved that these were super fast – just do a little, let it dry, a bit more, let it dry, etc. I think actual ‘doing’ time was maybe 5 minutes for each thing – perhaps 10 for the younger kids that really wanted to ‘focus’ 🙂
- Plaque, board, canvas – whatever surface you want these on
- Blue paint for background
- White paint for snowmen/snow
- Black paint for hat/eyes/buttons
- Brown paint for stick arms
- Orange paint for carrot nose
- Paint in color of choice for scarf
- Ribbon or twine for hanging
- Paint the surface blue – allow to dry.
- Put some white paint on your kids’ fingers (not thumbs, as they’re much shorter – unless you want to). Press straight down firmly, press, then lift straight up.
- Finish the ‘snowy hill’ underneath the fingers – allow to dry.
- Use a toothpick to carefully create black eyes and buttons, brown for stick arms, and orange for a cute carrot nose. Carefully use either a small brush or a toothpick to add a black top hat – allow to dry.
- Add a colorful scarf to your snowmen!
- Add a ribbon loop (or twine) for hanging, then display it proudly – or send it as a gift!
So cute, right?! Now head on over to check out the other AMAZING holiday-themed projects for this month’s Craft Lightning!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…