Craft Stick Catapult
Who else is ready for Spring break? Ya, me neither! Luckily, I’ve got a bunch of fun busy activities for kids planned, so I won’t be hearing ‘I’m bored’ constantly. This Craft Stick Catapult is super easy to make – and really quick, too! The kids especially loved how they could customize it to be ‘their own’. Check it out!
I loved this month’s craft lighting theme: busy activities for kids! We could all use some of these in our parenting arsenal, especially with the kids out of school soon. My kids are out a whole week – crazy! I’m excited for the play time we’ll get, but for the moments when I need to get some work done, I can rely on these fantastic ideas.
Supplies – per catapult
- 7 Craft Sticks
- Markers or paint (if wanting to color the sticks)
- 5 Rubber bands
- Hot glue/gun
- Bottom half of plastic Easter egg
- Ammo (pom poms, marshallows, etc.)
- Color the craft sticks with paint or markers, if desired. Allow to dry.
- Stack 5 craft sticks together, then use a rubber band on each end to tightly secure them together.
- Slide one craft stick above the bottom stick in the stack and pull through. Use a rubber band to secure the last craft stick on top of this one, at the end. Make sure it’s a bit loose, so it can stretch as you pull back the catapult.
- To keep it steady and secure, use the last 2 rubber bands to create an X around the middle of the catapult, leaving a little loose so you can adjust it.
- Use a dab of hot glue to secure the Easter egg half as a bowl to the launching end of the catapult. Allow to dry, then aim away!
See, a super easy kid’s craft you can make, then enjoy for hours! And to add some extra flare, I would even recommend incorporating some custom diamond painting to this craft. Let them draw their own ‘target’ and have them practice their aim – show them how you can adjust the length of the stick and it will affect how high/far the ammo goes. Fun AND learning at the same time!
Other fun kid activities you may like…
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- Natural Laxatives for Kids: Gentle Constipation Relief - August 31, 2023
- Boost Milk Supply with Tasty Lactation Smoothie Recipes - August 24, 2023
- The Top 5 Foods to Eat While Breastfeeding - August 23, 2023