This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
Thanks to Skinner® pasta for sponsoring this recipe. All opinions are my own.
As a big family of 7, having great go-to dinner recipes that are not only delicious, but also quick are a necessity. One thing we rely on to make our evenings less of a stress are excellent pasta dishes, like this amazing Fajita Pasta Casserole! It’s simple to make, doesn’t take much time, and is so full of flavor that it’s a hit with the whole family.
Why do we make pasta dishes so often for our family? Because it tastes great, is flexible for a TON of great recipes, and it’s great for any budget. That’s probably one of the reasons Skinner pasta is the #1 pasta in Texas – everyone loves it, it’s so easy to cook and has earned Non-GMO Project Verification on their most popular pasta products.
Skinner pasta has a variety of pasta products available, such as spaghetti and fettuccine, elbows and penne (our favorite) and even options like dumplings and super fun Skinner Texas Shape pasta! I couldn’t resist using those to whip up this Fajita Pasta Casserole, since they’re so cute.
Since people have different favorites in which variety of pasta they prefer – for us it’s penne, for some it’s spaghetti – you can switch this recipe up to include whichever Skinner pasta fits your style! If you’re a proud Texan like us, maybe you’ll even choose the same style as we did for this particular recipe.
One of my favorite things about this fajita pasta casserole is that you can also switch up the peppers to fit your preference – my kids like more green peppers, while if it’s just for hubby and me, we like more of the red or orange. Mix it up so it fits YOUR family’s tastes! After all, the best dinners are not only easy and delicious, but make everyone happy 🙂
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 3 Tbsp. taco or fajita seasoning
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups bell peppers, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 oz. tomatoes, diced
- 5 oz. green Chiles, diced
- 8 oz (about 3 cups) Skinner pasta
- Dash salt
- Season the chicken pieces with half the taco seasoning.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over high heat until very hot. Carefully add the chicken in a single layer and cook WITHOUT STIRRING until one side is seared and browned, about 1-2 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook the other side the same way, until browned.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet with the heat still on high and cook until really hot. Add the onions, bell peppers, and last of the taco seasoning.
- Cook, now stirring occasionally, until the veggies are starting to blacken a little bit. Turn heat to low and add in the garlic. Stir until well-mixed, about 30 seconds. Place the veggies onto the plate with the chicken.
- In the same skillet, mix the broth, cream, tomatoes, UNCOOKED pasta, and salt. Stir until well-combined and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, and cook COVERED for 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed. Mix the chicken and veggies back into the skillet until well combined and heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
I love serving this dish to my family because everyone loves it, and it doesn’t take me much time or effort – great for a busy weeknight meal! It’ll especially come in handy when we’re back to school in a few weeks and our schedules get even more crazy.
What pasta style/shape would YOU choose?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Skinner® pasta.
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- Kids and Money - July 20, 2018
- Printable Disney Aulani Activity & Autograph Pages - July 18, 2018
- School Nutrition Association’s National Conference - July 16, 2018