As we're trying to raise funds for our adoption, we're making a HUGE sale on…
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.
Happy Thanksgiving, y’all! We’re all pretty darn sick, so today will be mellow at our house…makes us more grateful for when we’re healthy, though! Today I wanted to share a very simple, yet beautiful project I did with my Silhouette Cameo: this Family Nest Framed Art! Plus giving you a special promo code for Silhouette’s HUGE Black Friday Sale!
My twins’ preschool teacher has a print similar to this at her home, and I fell totally in love with it! I thought it was appropriate to share today because the thing I’m the most grateful for in my life is MY FAMILY! It also used my Silhouette Cameo, and I’m super excited to give you a promo code for their amazing sale for Black Friday!
- Sheet of scrapbook/cardstock paper for background
- Frame of choice (and paint if you need to redo it)
- Vinyl in colors of choice
- Silhouette/something to cut out the vinyl
- I wanted my frame a bright, pretty color so I just spray painted a frame I had on-hand, then cut out my scrapbook paper to fit into the frame.
- Using my Sihouette Software, I got a swirly tree design and the shape for the birds from the Silhouette online store, then adjusted the sizes in the program. I chose my text/fonts, then printed them off on white and purple vinyl.
- Carefully transfer your tree onto your scrapbook paper, then your text. Keep in mind the borders in case the frame will cover some edges…you don’t want some of your text to be hidden! Then add your birds onto the tree. I did a larger bird for Hubby and a slightly smaller one for me…and of course they had to be kissing! Then four smallest birds for our kiddos.
- Place the page in your frame, and you can display this cute piece of art in your home! Or make one up for friends/family to give as a wonderful gift!
Silhouette’s Black Friday Deals
I was fortunate enough last year to purchase my own Silhouette Cameo during the Black Friday deals, and am SO GLAD I took advantage of the great pricing! Seriously, it doesn’t get much better than this! I love my cameo, and have used it for LOTS of projects and to decorate my home. Now’s the best time for YOU to grab yours and begin getting your craft on!
Be Sure To Use Promo Code: BUSY
Already a Silhouette user?
Use my code ‘BUSY’ for 40% off at SilhouetteAmerica.com (*excluding machines, design downloads, download cards, subscriptions and gift cards) PLUS Free Shipping on orders over $25 for the lower 48 states
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…