French Toast Bites
I don’t like maple syrup. There, I said it! Even as a kid, I always used fruit syrup or jelly with things like french toast because I didn’t like the maple syrup. Not the taste, smell, anything. So when I decided to make these French Toast Bites, I figured it was a good breakfast for my hubby and kids, and I’d find something else for me. Or would I?! Flash told me to at least try it, so I did and it was AMAZING! I had more than anyone, I admit. It was just so sweet with a pleasant crunchy coating. An absolutely delightful way to start the day! Wonder Woman has already asked me to make them again, and I’m more than willing!
- 1 can (8 count) Flaky Biscuits (Pillsbury or generic)
- 1 1/2 cups Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Ground Cinnamon
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the maple syrup and brown sugar to a simmer.
- Open the can of biscuits, cutting each into fourths. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Place the biscuit balls into the syrup mixture. They will puff up, so be sure to leave room!
- Cover and let them simmer until they’ve doubled in size, turning occasionally to cover all sides with the syrup.
- Remove the balls from the heat and allow to cool.
- Mix the nutmeg, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Carefully roll each ball in the sugar mixture so it’s nicely coated and crunchy.
- Place the bites into a bowl, and drizzle with the remaining syrup mixture. Enjoy!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- How to Clean a Halo Bassinet: Easy Tips and Tricks - March 28, 2023
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles - March 18, 2023
- 100+ DIY Harry Potter Ideas - March 16, 2023