French Toast Bites
I don’t like maple syrup. There, I said it! Even as a kid, I always used fruit syrup or jelly with things like french toast because I didn’t like the maple syrup. Not the taste, smell, anything. So when I decided to make these French Toast Bites, I figured it was a good breakfast for my hubby and kids, and I’d find something else for me. Or would I?! Flash told me to at least try it, so I did and it was AMAZING! I had more than anyone, I admit. It was just so sweet with a pleasant crunchy coating. An absolutely delightful way to start the day! Wonder Woman has already asked me to make them again, and I’m more than willing!
- 1 can (8 count) Flaky Biscuits (Pillsbury or generic)
- 1 1/2 cups Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Ground Cinnamon
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the maple syrup and brown sugar to a simmer.
- Open the can of biscuits, cutting each into fourths. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Place the biscuit balls into the syrup mixture. They will puff up, so be sure to leave room!
- Cover and let them simmer until they’ve doubled in size, turning occasionally to cover all sides with the syrup.
- Remove the balls from the heat and allow to cool.
- Mix the nutmeg, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Carefully roll each ball in the sugar mixture so it’s nicely coated and crunchy.
- Place the bites into a bowl, and drizzle with the remaining syrup mixture. Enjoy!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…