Homemade Fruit and Yogurt Popsicles
It’s been raining like crazy here in Texas, but we’re finally seeing lots of sunshine and feeling the heat! The kiddos have been begging to hit the pool – so why not kick off the season with a fun pool party? And what’s a pool party without some healthy summer snacks? We whipped up a bunch of these Homemade Fruit and Yogurt Popsicles, and the kids (and adults) loved them! Originally published June 2016 – see that post here.
Since popsicles take a bit to freeze, we took care of getting them in the molds and popping them in the freezer first!
- Fresh fruit of choice (strawberries, mango, banana, oranges, watermelon, etc.)
- Yogurt of choice (we prefer vanilla)
You’ll also need a blender and popsicle molds or ice trays.
- Take turns blending each type of fruit with some of the yogurt, then place in a container while you do another fruit type!
- Once you’ve got all of your fruits, take turns scooping or pouring them into the molds. Create fun colored rows by mixing them up! Combine the flavors for something new and fun.
- Pop them in the freezer and let them get solid!
Once we were done with our popsicle prep, we made sure to get all our gear in order! Since my kids seemed to shoot up like beanstalks over the past year, we needed to grab some new swim stuff before we could enjoy our pool time!
We got the kids their swimsuits (tops AND bottoms, since I worry about the boys’ backs in the summer sun), hats, sunglasses, and even some cover ups!
The boys think they’re great, and I love that it makes them easier to spot when we’re at the pool. You can tell what their favorite colors are by their suit choices – orange and green for the twins, and blue for my girl! Since the twins have hand-me-down suits to pass on to our youngest, we just got him a hat and sunglasses.
Once our fruit popsicles were ready, they pulled on their new tanks so we could enjoy the frozen treat!
They seriously LOVED the flavors of these, and I loved that it was a healthy snack option for them! Plus they look colorful and summery with all the stripes of fruity colors!
I was a little surprised when most of them chose banana as their favorite of the flavors. I thought the strawberry was the best – but all around they were so sweet, tangy and refreshing all at the same time!
What fruits would YOU like to try in a healthy homemade popsicle?
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles - March 18, 2023
- 100+ DIY Harry Potter Ideas - March 16, 2023
- Best Cribs For Small Spaces - March 9, 2023