Hot Milk Cake
Hey it is Nikki again, with an amazing and fun kind of recipe for anyone looking for an easy dessert that is amazing. My husband introduced me to this recipe when we first got married and I thought he was crazy! There was no way Hot Milk Cake could be good, especially without frosting – but after we made this I have been hooked and we devour it every time we make it! This cake is a spongy and moist cake that doesn’t need frosting or even a fork! It is very simple to make and not messy – so a bonus for those of you with kids! With this cake you can also add toppings (to dress it up if you like), like cool whip, berries, strawberry glaze or whatever glaze you like – but it is delicious just plain and simple to make.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 10 tablespoons butter
- Beat the eggs on high for about 5 minutes or until they are thick and lemon colored. Gradually add the sugar 2 tablespoons at a time until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the vanilla. In a separate bowl combine flour and baking powder, add to batter beat on low until smooth.
- Take the butter and milk and place in a small saucepan on medium heat until melted (do not boil). Add to batter, mix just until combined, careful with this step so as not to splash the hot milk on you.
- Pour into greased and floured 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until edges start to pull away from the sides.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Nikki Cole (see all)
- 2 Ingredient CopyCat 3 Musketeers - November 6, 2022
- Peanut Butter Cheerios - November 6, 2022
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread - January 21, 2021