Salsa Pork Chops
Need a quick dinner that’s sweet and savory? These Salsa Pork Chops are quick to put together and make a delicious dinner for any salsa lovers (like me!).
These Salsa Pork Chops are great for dinner and mix well with different vegetables and mashed potatoes or baked potatoes.
Salsa Pork Chops
- 6 pork chops
- 1 jar Salsa (I use Pace Picante medium salsa but any salsa will work and you can choose mild, medium, or hot)
- ½ cup maple syrup (see Homemade Maple syrup recipe)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- The night before I get the pork chops ready by stabbing them a few times with a fork and then placing the pork chops and salsa in a bag and leave in the fridge.
- An hour before serving preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- In a 9 x 13 pan sprayed with cooking spray dump entire contents of the bag of pork chops in the pan and spread evenly. (this should be the pork chops and the salsa)
- In a separate bowl combine the cheese and maple syrup (can use whatever maple syrup, I prefer my homemade syrup, also can add more if you want a stronger flavor or like a lot of cheese or lessen if you desire)
- Spread the cheese and maple syrup mixture evenly over the pork chops
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for about 50 minutes.
- Let cool a couple minutes and serve! Tastes great with baked potatoes and green beans, can add mushrooms, cilantro, or different kinds of cheeses to the pork chops if you desire.
Homemade Maple Syrup
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot
- On high heat bring syrup to a full boil stirring constantly
- Once boiling take off burner and let cool.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…