This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
Summer is in full swing! This means for most, kids are out of school and schedules change into a different mode. Mornings can be a little chaotic in the kitchen with all four of my kids trying to get their breakfast. Of course, they’re ravenous (always) because they haven’t eaten in 12 hours, so ya know, it’s all about them getting food. That’s why I love these Strawberry Almond Overnight Oats!
Strawberry Almond Overnight Oats
It’s the perfect grab ‘n go breakfast, even if you’re eating at home! The oats are prepped the night before, so all they have to do is grab a jar and a spoon and enjoy! Everyone in our family loves these. If you are headed off to work in the morning, it’s perfect to take with you as your breakfast or even a fabulous nutritional mid-morning snack that will keep you energized.
I live in a 4 season climate. Summer, specifically June is peak time for strawberries. There is just nothing like farm fresh, straight from the bush, strawberries (and blueberries, cherries, etc). That is why I chose Strawberry Almond Overnight Oats, but, these are so versatile that the flavor combinations are endless!
The basic recipe is simple:
1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup plain non fat yogurt
1 teaspoon Truvia
1 1/2 teaspoons chia seeds
1/4 cup almond milk
After this, you add your fruit and flavorings. For this recipe, I added a 1/4 tsp almond extract and sliced strawberries.
Cover it again, shake it up and let it set in the fridge to do it’s magic! I typically add a little more fresh fruit to top it off in the morning, but totally not necessary if you don’t want the hassle.
So this recipe, really doesn’t take much time at all to make. I’ve given you the measurements for 1 pint sized jar. I just line up the how many jars I need and add the ingredients to each. The kids love making these too. Sometimes in the afternoon, we’ll make them together, for the next day.
- Truvia is my sweetener of choice to make it friendly for the whole family. Some of us can’t have sugar. You can also use honey, or use vanilla yogurt instead of plain and skip the sweetener all together.
- Regular milk works just as good as any nut milk, so don’t let that ingredient keep you from trying it.
- Always shake it before adding your fruit, it will blend together much easier. Give it another shake after adding the fruit, or just stir.
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Truvia (or honey or other sweetener)
- 1 1/2 tsp chial seeds
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2-3 Tbs fresh sliced strawberries (you need enough to fill the jar)
- Place the oats, yogurt, sweetener, chia seeds, almond extract, and milk in a pint size mason jar.
- Cover and shake vigorously until ingredients are well combined.
- Add fruit, cover and shake again to mix it in.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, the mixture will be thick.
Want more flavor ideas?
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!