The Best Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread
Ah, Starbucks banana bread… the delicious smell of warm spices, the soft, lightly sweetened loaf – there’s nothing quite like sinking our teeth into a homemade slice! If you are a mom who loves to enjoy this treat as much as your family does but also wants to try baking it yourself without any hassle or expensive ingredients then you’re in luck. Check out this recipe for The Best Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread. It not only tastes just like what you’d get at the ‘Bucks but it is also incredibly easy and fun to make with your kids!
I have perfected this recipe over the years and this is my fail-proof recipe, can’t wait for you to make it!
The Best Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1⅛ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Butter Melted
- 2 Tablespoons Buttermilk or Milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 Medium Bananas Mashed well
- ½ Cup Walnuts Optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to a small mixing bowl and set aside
- In a separate mixing bowl mix egg, sugar and oil and stir until well combined
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir well. The mixture will be thick and dry, don't worry it's supposed to be that way!
- Next add milk, vanilla and bananas and stir until incorporated
- Mix in walnuts and pour into a greased loaf pan
- Cook 55-75 minutes, checking regularly until a knife comes out clean
Starbucks Banana Bread Recipe
This delectable banana bread recipe is guaranteed to make the moistest, most tender, and heavenly loaf that will thrill your taste buds. Not only does it replicate the original classic with sweet bananas, this recipe also includes crunchy walnuts for added texture.
When warmly-buttered and paired with a steaming cup of coffee, this banana bread creates an unbeatable breakfast experience, its a toss up with a slice of cream cheese pumpkin bread! Best of all, baking banana bread doesn’t have to be a daunting task! Even if you’re not an experienced baker, this recipe is simple enough for anyone to follow. With just a few steps and ingredients, you’ll have delicious banana bread waiting in no time – by giving this recipe just one try, you’ll be hooked!
With its simple ingredients and easy steps to follow, this copycat recipe makes an irresistible banana bread that’s packed with flavor and perfect for any occasion – from weekday breakfasts to Saturday morning brunch gatherings!
Tips for Making the Best Banana Bread
- If you don’t have the time to wait for your bananas to become overly ripe, there is a way to speed up the process of making banana bread! Placing unpeeled bananas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and baking them at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes can help. This will caramelize the natural sugars in the fruit, making it soft and sweet—all while keeping its shape. This method is an easy trick to quickly ripen your bananas if you’re short on time. Not only that but baking your bananas prior to adding them into the batter helps infuse more flavor into the banana bread. Additionally, this step prevents large chunks of banana from emerging in the finished product—giving it a smoother texture. So next time you want to bake banana bread but don’t have overly ripe bananas, use this simple trick for a delicious loaf!
- Mash your bananas well – do not negate your food processor if you have one! It will make your life so much easier!
- When it comes to baking banana bread, it’s important not to over-mix the batter. Over-mixing will result in a dry and dense loaf, so be sure to mix your ingredients carefully with a spatula or spoon – not an electric mixer
- Aside from walnuts, you can also mix in chocolate chips. My family is obsessed with chocolate chips in the bread, I usually add in a half cup. We also love this swirly cinnamon banana bread recipe!
- Do not take the banana bread out of the pan just yet! Make sure to give it a full ten minutes to set, as this will ensure that the texture of your delectable dish is not too mushy. Leaving the bread in any longer than 10 minutes may cause the bottom of the loaf to become saturated with moisture and turn soggy, let it cool on a rack for a few more minutes before serving up your delicious copycat recipe for banana bread.
How Long Does Starbucks Banana Bread Last?
If you don’t plan on keeping your delicious banana bread around for too long, storing it at room temperature is the way to go. Wrap it in plastic or plastic bag to ensure that it stays fresh and prevent any moisture from getting in. This method will help keep banana bread fresh for up to two days.
If you want to preserve it for longer, try putting it in the fridge instead. This will extend its shelf-life up to around one week so you can enjoy your banana bread for a little bit longer!
For those who are looking for a longer storage solution, freezing is also an option. When stored properly in the freezer, banana bread can last a few months while still maintaining its flavor and texture. I double wrap mine in plastic wrap and it does great in the freezer!
A simple tooth pick can help determine if your bread is done. Stick it into the top middle of your bread, pull out, then see if any batter remains on the toothpick. I suggest doing this in 2-3 spots before determining your bread is done
Plastic wrap will make especially moist quick breads (pumpkin, banana) gummy, while aluminum foil tends to crinkle and looks a little too pulled-from-the-freezer. Waxed paper or parchment is the way to go here
Using too many bananas can make your bread heavy and damp in the center, causing it to appear undercooked and unappealing
If you’re looking for an amazing banana bread recipe that is easy to make, look no further! This copycat recipe is guaranteed to be a hit. So what are you waiting for? Get baking!
If you are looking for some more cozy recipes, check out our tried and true pumpkin banana chocolate bread recipe!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…