This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
Make these Valentines Day Oatmeal Monster Cookies with your kids to celebrate Valentine’s Day. It’s a fun and delicious way to get in the kitchen with the kids!
There’s not a single thing I don’t love about an oatmeal cookie. The chewiness and the texture from the oats with the brown sugar is like no other cookie. These Valentines Day Monster Cookies are perfect for bake sales, classroom parties, or just because. My kids love helping to make cookies, stealing nibbles of chocolate chips and M&Ms as we go. Baking with the kids is a great way to talk about math concepts like measurements, and also the importance of making healthy choices with our foods.
Here’s how simple it is to make these Valentines Day Oatmeal Monster Cookies:
Valentine’s Day Oatmeal Monster Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon milled flax seed
- 4 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M's plain or peanut butter chocolate candies Valentine's Day themed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the peanut butter, butter and sugars. Beat in the eggs. Add in the baking soda, wheat germ and milled flax seed and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Add in the quick cooking oats, chocolate chips and M&M candies and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until golden brown, taking care not to over bake.
- Let set 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store cookies in an airtight container or bag for up to 1 week.
Now these Valentines Day Oatmeal Monster Cookies are packed with mini chocolate chips and Valentine‘s Day themed M&M candies. Nuts are optional, but if you enjoy them, I would recommend finely chopped walnuts for some extra crunch. You might be surprised by two of the ingredients on the list above, but hear me out. Nearly all of my baked good recipes include a tablespoon or two of wheat germ and ground flax seed for a little extra boost of nutrition. You’ll barely notice it’s there, if at all. Trust me, if my picky eater enjoys these cookies, so will yours!
Want more great Valentine’s Day ideas?
Follow my Pinterest board for lots of inspiration!