This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
Have you seen all the fabulously decorated front porches all over the blog-o-sphere lately? They’re amazing, and really make me wish I had the time and/or money to make mine just as great. As is, though, it’s not gonna happen (again) this season, so my porch is quite bare! A quick, budget-friendly fix with My $3 Fall Wreath Makeover helped add a little fun to my front door!
I know it’s not an elaborate, beautiful porch…but come on, gotta work with what we got, right?! I took some basics from last year’s Fall Give Thanks Wreath, hit the discounts at Michaels, and about five minutes of work my door looked a little more fall-ready!
- Wreath frame (styrofoam, wire, hoop, whatever works)
- Burlap and/or ribbon of choice (to wrap frame)
- Ribbon of choice for bows and hanging down
- Clearance accents such as sparkly ‘feathers’ or ‘leaves’
- Hot glue gun/glue
- If desired, the Give Thanks print from my previous wreath
- Wrap your burlap (or ribbon) around your frame and glue into place. Add your bows and hanging curled (or uncurled, your choice) ribbon at the bottom right of the wreath.
- Take your accent pieces and glue/wrap their wire so that they’re secure on the wreath. Glue the Give Thanks print on the top left for a cute little extra!
- Hang, and enjoy!
Another Fall Wreath option: take the discounted hoop (shown above – got it for $1) and just add the accent pieces randomly around it so it’s like a big fall collection! I took some extra ribbon and wrapped it around loosely to add a bit more fun, and to hide where the pieces wrapped around the hoop.
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!