My $3 Fall Wreath Makeover
Have you seen all the fabulously decorated front porches all over the blog-o-sphere lately? They’re amazing, and really make me wish I had the time and/or money to make mine just as great. As is, though, it’s not gonna happen (again) this season, so my porch is quite bare! A quick, budget-friendly fix with My $3 Fall Wreath Makeover helped add a little fun to my front door!
I know it’s not an elaborate, beautiful porch…but come on, gotta work with what we got, right?! I took some basics from last year’s Fall Give Thanks Wreath, hit the discounts at Michaels, and about five minutes of work my door looked a little more fall-ready!
- Wreath frame (styrofoam, wire, hoop, whatever works)
- Burlap and/or ribbon of choice (to wrap frame)
- Ribbon of choice for bows and hanging down
- Clearance accents such as sparkly ‘feathers’ or ‘leaves’
- Hot glue gun/glue
- If desired, the Give Thanks print from my previous wreath
- Wrap your burlap (or ribbon) around your frame and glue into place. Add your bows and hanging curled (or uncurled, your choice) ribbon at the bottom right of the wreath.
- Take your accent pieces and glue/wrap their wire so that they’re secure on the wreath. Glue the Give Thanks print on the top left for a cute little extra!
- Hang, and enjoy!
Another Fall Wreath option: take the discounted hoop (shown above – got it for $1) and just add the accent pieces randomly around it so it’s like a big fall collection! I took some extra ribbon and wrapped it around loosely to add a bit more fun, and to hide where the pieces wrapped around the hoop.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…