What busy mom has time to plan an elaborate or complicated snack, especially when you have a little one in tow? Fortunately, there are plenty of great snacks out there that your toddler will adore without having to go crazy. Well, being a mom may have us crazy anyway – but at least we can use these 5 Easy Snack Ideas for Toddlers to help save what little sanity we have remaining!
No, I’m not going to go into the best crackers or packaged snacks – these are just general thought starters with things you probably already have at home in the fridge or pantry. It’s funny, because you may be like ‘oh, that’s obvious’ – but many parents overlook these awesome snack ideas! As with any food, though, please do keep in mind your child’s age and ability to avoid any choking dangers.
Here are 5 easy snack ideas for toddlers:
1. Fresh fruit – Most kids love fresh fruit. You can slice strawberries, grapes, bananas, oranges, apples or kiwi. You might also chunk pineapple, watermelon, honeydew or cantaloupe. Your child might also love blueberries, raspberries or other mixed berries. With so many fruit options to choose from, your child will never get bored! Slice up your fruit ahead of time to serve your toddler when they get hungry.
2. Fresh vegetables – Sliced cucumbers, celery, carrots, and bell peppers are full of fiber and nutrients. You can serve them to your child plain or with peanut butter or vegetable dip. You can keep your fresh vegetables in containers and serve whenever your child is in the mood for a snack.
3. Yogurt – Not only is it high in protein, calcium, and Vitamin D, but most kids adore yogurt! Consider choosing plain yogurt and adding your own fresh fruit to avoid the sugar content in fruit-flavored yogurts.
4. Eggs – Hard boiled eggs can be a great snack option for your toddler. You can make them ahead of time to serve to your child over the course of a few days. Not only are eggs packed with nutrients, but they’re high in protein to help curb your child’s appetite.
5. Frozen fruit bars – These can be a real treat, especially during the hot summer months. Not only are they cold, but they also have chunks of real fruit in them. Plus, many kids believe they’re getting an awesome TREAT when you serve these, so it’s a win-win!
What are your favorite snack ideas for toddlers?
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…