I can’t believe it’s almost Mother’s Day – but I guess that happens with every holiday lately! Totally creeps up on me, then it’s gone in a blink. Luckily, this Mother’s Day Flower Photo Gift is adorable, fun and super simple to make! Plus, it’s the type of gift she’ll want to hold on to for a long time to come!
Growing up, I thought that I had to go all-out for Mother’s Day, spending tons of money and loads of time creating something amazing. Guess what? It never meant as much as the simple things; things that held more memories or sentiment to them! Now that I’m a mom, I totally understand this! Now we focus on really special gifts that don’t take a ton of time or money….but that she’ll want to keep for a long while. This Mother’s Day Gift is perfect for that, so let’s get started!
- The free printable templates (found below)
- Cupcake wrappers in color of choice (I use 5-8 per pic for layering/thickness)
- Photo to cut for center
- Tape (double-sided preferably)
- Photo frame, if desired
- Print out one of the Free Printable Templates by clicking these links: Tall Straight Stem in Pink or Blue. Sideways Stem in Pink or Blue. Each of these print 8×10 in size.
- Use your tape (either double-sided, or fold over one-sided) to secure the first cupcake liner to the top of the flower stem.
- Insert the rest of the liners one-by-one, using tape below to stick it to the bottom liners. I like to make sure the ridges don’t fit together perfectly, to add some fun dimension and texture to it.
- Use the center circle of the liners to trace out your photo, then cut it out and tape to the center of the top liner.
That’s it! Now you have a beautiful Mother’s Day Photo Gift for her to display for all to see! A little tip – I found it easier to tape the liners on AFTER putting the print into a frame. If you want, you can put an initial or name in one of the corners to make even more personalized!
My kids had a lot of fun choosing their cupcake liner colors, so even THAT showed a bit of their personality in each framed print!
I know my mom is going to LOVE these special gifts from her grand-babies! Honestly, these would make a fun craft just for Spring, and a gift for anyone, really – gotta love flexibility, right?
Check out these other great posts that would be PERFECT for Mother’s Day!