This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringYourBestBowl #Walmart #CollectiveBias
Mornings are tough, I’m not gonna lie. I struggle getting myself going, much less my kids, lunches for the day, etc. Luckily I’ve got some go-to, EASY breakfast recipes that make it that much more simple to start each day! This Apple Fritter Oatmeal is a new, tasty addition to our menu rotation.
My hubby’s always loved Apple Fritters, and now my kiddos are fans as well. When decided what dish I wanted to create as part of the Quaker® “Bring Your Best Bowl” promotion! What’s that? Well, it’s an awesome contest called out on select Quaker® Instant Oat SKUS (Original and Maple Brown Sugar) and Quaker® Standard Oatmeal Canisters (Old Fashioned and Quick One Minute). You share a recipe bowl that uses between 2-5 ingredients, then enter it for a chance to inspire the next Quaker® Oatmeal flavor. You could also win $250,000! Top recipe entries will be created and sold in stores for a limited time in Fall 2016.
Here’s the schedule:
- Contest Start Date – January 2016
- Contest End Date – March 12, 2016
- Announce Winner – November 2016
For my recipe there’s just 5 ingredients – so just grab them during your next Walmart trip to whip up your own Apple Fritter Oatmeal. OR create your own recipe bowl and enter their contest for your chance to win!
- 1/4 cup Applesauce
- 1/2 Large Apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 package Quaker® Instant Oats – I prefer Maple Brown Sugar flavor
- In a medium saucepan, heat the applesauce and apple dices over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the cinnamon and vanilla; continue heating until everything is hot.
- Heat the Quaker® Instant Oats according to the package directions, then mix it with the apple mixture in a bowl. Top with apple slices and cinnamon sprinkle for a nice garnish, if desired.
Yup, super easy – I can totally pull this off despite my morning lack-of-energy!