Creamy Hazelnut Cake
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SilkSipToSpoon #CollectiveBias
Who else loves dessert? I know, silly question! I really do, especially EASY dessert recipes! Well this Creamy Hazelnut Cake is SUPER easy to make, plus the flavor is so smooth and tasty – it’ll be a hit with the whole family!
Another great thing about this cake – other than the amazing glaze – is that you can switch the flavor with no extra effort! For the Hazelnut, I used Silk® Hazelnut Almond Creamer….but you can just switch it for Silk® Caramel or Vanilla Almond Creamer just as easily! Just grab whichever you desire at Walmart, and you’re good to go!
I love that you can get a pint and it’s the perfect amount for this recipe – but be sure to grab extra for your daily coffee or hot chocolate. It adds such a nice creaminess, plus a little perk of delish flavor, to my hot cocoa that really perks me up on cold mornings! If you have to be careful about ingredients, no worries – Silk® Almond Creamers are Non-GMO, non-dairy, Gluten free and Lactose free.
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Pint container Silk® Hazelnut Almond Creamer
- 2/3 cup Applesauce
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar (for glaze, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray or line a 13×9 pan, set aside.
- Beat the eggs on high for 5 minutes. Add in the sugar and vanilla and mix until creamy. Mix in the flour and baking powder. Add 1 1/4 cup of the Silk® Almond Creamer and all of the applesauce until everything’s well-combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan, then bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool about 10 minutes, then poke several holes all over the cake (to allow the glaze to go inside for a creamier and more flavorful cake).
- Whip the remainder of the Creamer with the powdered sugar until there’s no clumps, then pour over top of the cake, spooning any excess back over the holes so they fill in.
- Enjoy warm or cooled!
Which flavor of Silk® Almond Creamer are YOU most eager to try – Hazelnut, Vanilla or Caramel?
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…