This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
As the school year approaches, I’m sure you’re beginning to think about those rushed, early mornings before school. I know I am, and not in an ‘excited’ way! One of the things that make the before school rush so stressful (or take so much time) is breakfast, so we try to stock up on a bunch of easy breakfast recipes before the kids go back to class to help our mornings go more smoothly. These Easy Frittata Cups are one that’s not only simple to make, but is a huge hit with the kids (and adults)!
You can switch up the ingredients – like less spinach or more ham – based on your family’s preferences. My kiddos like less red onion, while hubby prefers more. You can even make some changes, such as adding in peas, if that’s what you’d like best.
Makes 8 Frittata Cups
- 6 Eggs
- 2 tablespoon of Milk (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- ¼ cup of chopped Red Bell Pepper (1/2 of a medium sized red bell pepper)
- ¼ cup of chopped baby Spinach
- ¼ cup of chopped Red Onion (or scallions)
- ¼ cup of diced Ham
- ¼ cup of shredded Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with silicone liners or grease it generously, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk (optional), salt and pepper till frothy and well-blended.
- Add the chopped red bell pepper, spinach, onion and diced ham and mix it well. Pour evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- Top each muffin cup with a half a tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes till the frittata cups is set and the top is a gorgeous golden color.
- Addition of milk is optional, but it imparts a delicious creaminess to the frittata cups.
- Because eggs tends to cling to the slides to the pan, it is best recommended to use a silicone liner or a silicone muffin cups.
- If you are using a regular muffin tin, be sure to grease it generously. Also once the frittata cups are baked, wait for them to cool completely, before trying to scoop it out.
What’s YOUR favorite easy breakfast recipe?
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!