Homemade Mango Roll-Ups
My kids are BIG fruit lovers. They’ve been that way since baby-hood, and I don’t see it changing. I’m definitely happy about that, and try to fit in more fruits into their meals and treats. One thing they really enjoy are homemade fruit roll-ups, using a variety of fruits – usually whatever I find on the best sale that time of year! These Homemade Mango Roll-Ups are a huge hit, and I love having them on-hand for busy after school days.
We’ve done strawberry, raspberry, even apple before and they’ve all tasted so great – and as a mom, I love that they’re a healthy back to school snack option. As a bonus, they’re easy to take along as we’re running to all of our activities and errands!
Makes about 10 Roll-Up snacks
- 2 cups of Fresh Mango (about 2½ large mangoes), chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 200 F. Line a half sheet pan with silicon liner or parchment paper.
- Blend the mangoes in a blender till it becomes a smooth puree. Dump the mango puree on the prepared baking sheet. Spread it as thinly as possible with an off-set spatula.
- Bake the mango puree for 4 hours. It will be done when the mango purée is dry to the touch and pliable.
- Remove the roll-ups from the oven. Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the roll-ups and then peel off the parchment and the roll-ups together. Cut the sheet into long strips and then roll up the strips.
- The baking time will vary depending on the exact thickness of your fruit roll-ups and the
differing temperatures of ovens. If the bottom side of the roll-ups is still wet after 4 hours of
baking, flip the roll-ups over and continue baking till they are fully dried up.
- The fruit roll-ups will last for about 1 week when stored in an air-tight container.
What fruit would YOUR kiddos like best?
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- What Size is a Bassinet Mattress: Buyers Guide - April 12, 2023
- How to Make Bassinet More Comfortable for Your Child - March 30, 2023
- How to Clean a Halo Bassinet: Easy Tips and Tricks - March 28, 2023