Everything Bagel Crusted Chicken Tenders
Chicken tenders are a beloved childhood classic – so what do you get when make this classic dish even better? You get Everything Bagel Crusted Chicken Tenders! They are as fun to prepare as they are delicious. It’s an easy way to reinvent an old favorite, and the result is sure to be a new dinner favorite. So with just a few extra ingredients that you already have in your pantry, we will show you how to upgrade you chicken tenders! This recipe was adapted from our Blackened Chicken Tenders recipe, both are equally juice and delicious.
Everything Bagel Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Mixing Bowls
- Air Fryer
- 1 Pound Chicken Tenders
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil (Or Olive Oil)
- ⅓ cup Everything Bagel Seasoning
- First, prep your chicken tenders and remove the tendon. Place a fork at the top of the white tendon and pull through the meat until removed.
- Mix together all of your spices in a small bowl if you are making your own everything bagel seasoning. Otherwise add your everything bagel seasoning to a shallow bowl.
- In a bowl toss your chicken tenders in oil. Add one or two tenders to the bowl with the everything bagel seasoning and gently press into the seasoning until the chicken is coated with the seasoning.
- Let this sit for 5 - 10 mins for the flavors to set up.
- Cook in the air fryer for 10 - 12 mins at 400 degrees or until the chicken internal temp is 165 degrees.
Let’s Get Cooking!
Cooking everything bagel crusted chicken tenders in an air fryer is a great way to enjoy delicious and crispy chicken without all of the mess and oil that comes with traditional frying and so much healthier. Air fryers cook chicken tenders faster and evenly distribute heat throughout the entire food item. All of the food I have cooked in it so crunchy without the calories, it makes these chicken tenders have a super crunchy crust that is just delicious. I also need to mention that I have far less dishes since I got one of these!
Removing The Tendon
Have you or child ever bit into a chicken tender and got the super chewy part? I can’t tell you what a meal killer that has been for my kids, they stop eating dinner immediately. So it makes prep a bit longer but defiantly worth it!
- Take once chicken tender and place a fork at the top of the white tendon.
- Put the tendon in the middle of the fork.
- Take a paper towel and with your fingers grab the top of the white tendon.
- Pull through the meat until removed and that’s it!
See video below to see it in action!
Time To Cook
In a bowl toss your chicken tenders in oil. Add one or two tenders to the bowl with the everything bagel seasoning and gently press into the seasoning until the chicken is coated with the seasoning.
Get your air fryer heated to 400 degrees and spread the chicken out even on the pan close but not touching, otherwise they won’t get crispy. Cook for 10-12 mins until the internal temp is 165 degrees.
Air Fryer or Oven?
As I said earlier I do recommend an air fryer, but you can absolutely cook these in the oven. Follow the same steps but just cook at 400 degrees on a sheet pan for 15 -17 mins.
Make a Compound Butter.
Put It Around the Rim of Your Bloody Mary.
Put it on Popcorn.
Use it as a Topper for Store-Bought Hummus.
Put it on a Salad.
Stir It Into a Waffle Batter.
Sprinkle It on These Kebabs.
Use It as a Topper for a Sweet Potato.
Everything-bagel seasoning takes this seared steak dinner to the next level, adding a garlicky, seeded crust to the tender beef. We also love to use this on poultry.
A mix of black sesame seeds and white sesame seeds and Poppy seeds.
These air fryer chicken tenders are going to be a hit in your house – just like they were in mine! They’re easy to make and only require a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand. So what are you waiting for? Give them a try and let me know how it goes!
If you loved this recipe and are an everything bagel seasoning fan, check out one of my other favorite recipes, protein bagels you will thank me later!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- Natural Laxatives for Kids: Gentle Constipation Relief - August 31, 2023
- Boost Milk Supply with Tasty Lactation Smoothie Recipes - August 24, 2023
- The Top 5 Foods to Eat While Breastfeeding - August 23, 2023