How to get kids to eat vegetables? Ahh, the decade-old question that moms are trying to figure it out every day. Getting your kids to eat healthy veggies is sometimes an impossible task because, as we all know, kids love nothing more than ice cream, chocolate, cotton candy, and all other types of sugary snacks. Back in the day, cartoons such as Pop-Eye taught kids that eating spinach is right for them, but what about now?
After talking with my friends who are successfully making their kids get excited about eating veggies, I found the secret that helps them to that. The secret of getting kids to eat vegetables is to cook delicious and healthy meals. This is easier than done! Finding the right recipes that will make your kids ask for a second plate is not easy at all. Here is where I come in! I did my research and discovered what is the most mouth-watery veggie recipe that your kids will not only love, but they will ask for it every day.
Delicious Veggie Nuggets
If there is one thing that all kids love when it comes to food, then it has to be finger food that can be dipped in their favorite sauce. McDonald’s owes most of its success to nuggets, but that is not the recipe that I want to share with you today, and instead, I will show you how to prepare veggie nuggets. The recipe is borrowed from Real Mom Nutrition.
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups seasoned breadcrumbs, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
How to Prepare the Recipe
- Shred carrots (I use my food processor’s shredding attachment).
- Steam broccoli in the microwave for two minutes or until tender.
- Place shredded carrots, steamed broccoli, garlic, eggs, 1 cup of the breadcrumbs, cheese, onion powder, and black pepper in food processor and pulse for 15 seconds or until well combined. Mixture should form easily into a ball. If it’s too crumbly, add water one teaspoon at a time until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Form mixture into balls, about a tablespoon each (I use a cookie scoop). You should get about 25 nuggets. Flatten slightly into round discs about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Coat each veggie nuggets with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium high heat until it sizzles when sprinkled with water droplets.
- Arrange nuggets in skillet and cook about 4 minutes each side, or until golden brown and crispy. You may need to do this in 2-3 batches depending on the size of your skillet.
- Serve with honey-mustard sauce, ketchup, or other favorite dip.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 8, Serving Size: 3 nuggets, Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175 Total Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Trans Fat: 0g, Unsaturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 57mg, Sodium: 371mg, Carbohydrates: 19g, Net Carbohydrates: 0g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Sugar Alcohols: 0g, Protein: 8g
Teach Your Kids About The Benefits of Veggies
Now that you have a delicious recipe to help you, getting your kids to eat vegetables is no longer impossible. However, this is not the only thing that you can do. Experts are saying that one of the best ways to get kids excited about eating veggies every day is to teach them about the benefits that eating healthy brings.
Obviously, your kids will not care about the low carbs of veggies or the fats that they contain, and this is why you should teach them in a different way. According to experts, you should tell your kids that if they eat veggies, they will be powerful just like the heroes that they see in Marvel movies such as The Avengers, for example. Do your kids want to have super strength? Tell them that green foods will make them powerful. You can also invent things on the go and tell them that orange fruits such as will give them supervision!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Angela Paris (see all)
- Easy Lox Recipe at Home – Surprise Your Family! - July 31, 2020
- Perfect Gifts for Your Best Friend – Top 5 Ideas - July 29, 2020
- Decorate Your Kitchen with Unique Items – Top 5 Ideas - July 23, 2020