Mint Hot Chocolate Brownies
Y’all know my love for chocolate, right? With all of the holiday parties the kids (and us adults, as well) had over the holidays that involved bringing a treat to share, I just knew I wanted to whip up something good. I wanted them to be a little festive, but not JUST a holiday-themed dessert. These Mint Hot Chocolate Brownies were just the ticket, with that amazing chocolaty flavor mixed with the perfect hint of mint, topped off with some marshmallowy goodness. We had to make extra just to enjoy here by ourselves!
Instead of making these brownies in a regular pan, I thought it’d be more fun (and cute) to bake them in a muffin tin so they’re more like individual little brownie bites. So fun! Plus, it’s easier to know where to place the marshmallow – and I’m all for easy recipes 🙂
You can switch up the sprinkles on top (or leave them off entirely, totally up to you) to match whatever theme or event you have, which makes them really flexible and fun. I wanted a bit more simple on this batch, but still ‘winter holiday’, so added some white pearl sprinkles. Another batch that the girls will take to their church youth party have red crystal ones on top. I love mixing things up!
Makes: 24 Muffin-sized Brownies
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 1/3 cup Butter, very soft
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, loosely packed
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 6 Large Marshmallows
- 1/2-1 cup Andes Mint pieces
- Sprinkles, as desired
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray or line two muffin tins, set aside.
- In a large bowl (or mixer) mix the butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs until creamy.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda and mix until well combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips, then divide into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. While baking, cut the marshmallows in half.
- Remove the brownies (should not be done yet) and place a half marshmallow (with sticky cut side down)into the middle of each brownie bite and press it down.
- Bake for another 2-4 minutes or until the marshmallows are puffy and the brownies are fully baked (insert a toothpick next to the marshmallow to see if the center is done). Allow to cool, then remove from muffin tin.
- Melt the Andes mint pieces in the microwave at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until they’re all melted and smooth. Drizzle over the brownies, topping with sprinkles while still melted so they stick better.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-6 days. Enjoy!
See, they’re super easy to whip up – and the taste is amazing! It’s like a nice, chewy cup of hot chocolate with just the right amount of mint to really add to the flavor. I warmed up my brownie for about 5 seconds in the microwave to give it that bit of warmth, really making the perfect afternoon treat.
These were a HUGE hit at our holiday events, and I had quite a few friends ask me for the recipe. I love being able to share tasty treats (especially chocolate ones) and knowing people truly enjoyed them.
I think next time I’ll do a white chocolate drizzle, add a bit of mint extract and a little green food coloring, for more coloring to these little desserts. Heck, red or blue would be great for holiday time, too! Really, just have fun with it and enjoy your delicious hot chocolate brownies with mint topping!
What’s your favorite holiday recipe?
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…