You know those grandma’s who are just so dang good at cooking, you always expect to be happily stuffed when visiting their home? My Grandma is that way, and always has been! One of the many things she excels at making is this Simple & Delish Marshmallow Fudge!
When she flew in to visit us recently for a big family event, she took the time to show me how she easily whips up this tasty Marshmallow Fudge….then we all drooled by the tray waiting for it to firm up so we could devour it! It was gone So. Dang. Fast! Naturally, I just had to make some more….darn it, right? 😉
*Note: you can use more or less chocolate chips to adjust the richness as you’d like
- About 40 oz. Chocolate Chips, mixture of semi-sweet and milk chocolate
- 1 pt. Marshmallow Cream (see this super simple recipe here)
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 5 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1 tall can Evaporated Milk
- Dash of Salt
- Butter for greasing
- Toppings of Choice: marshmallows, walnuts, etc.
- Butter a large cookie sheet (be sure it has an edge). Set aside.
- In a tall pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the milk, sugar and salt and stir well. Bring to a steady boil and, stirring frequently to avoid burning, boil about 15-20 minutes. *a tip from Grandma: when stirring, don’t scrape the stuff along the top edges….it adds to the fudge somehow* To tell if it’s ready, drop about a tbsp. full of the stuff into a tiny bowl of cold water. Roll it in your fingertips, and if it makes a nice ball it’s done. If not, continue boiling.
- In a mixing bowl, put your chocolate chips, marshmallow cream and vanilla. Pour the hot mixture over top and mix on high until it’s all creamy. Pour into the buttered cookie sheet and allow to cool. We like to leave it overnight (covered in foil) so it sets up entirely….if we can resist eating it that long!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…