Chocolate Chip Smores Ingredients: 10 chocolate chip cookies 5 squares semi-sweet chocolate bar, chopped 4…
To me, nothing says ‘summer’ quite like a good ol’ S’more. With all the cold we’re having (it’s Texas, for crying out loud!), I really needed to at least FEEL like winter was about over. Back to my muffin addiction, and Viola! You’ve got delicious (and fast because, hey, mornings are rushed enough) S’mores Muffins!
Okay, so chocolate and marshmallow MAY not be the healthiest breakfast, but they can’t be too far from the sugary cereal or poptarts I could do, right? They sure taste better, though! I also use them for a great snack; they get their ‘sweet’ fix, but it’s healthier than many of the other options.
Yield: 12 Muffins
- 6 tbsp. Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 8 tsp. Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 6 tbsp. Milk
- 2/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Chocolate Chips (I used mini)
- 1/2 cup Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F. Spray or line a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Use the fork to ‘smoosh’ the Butter and Sugars together. Stir in the Egg, Milk and Sour Cream.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Flour, Graham Crumbs, Salt, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Cinnamon. Add to the Butter mixture until well-mixed. Carefully stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the muffin cups 1/4 of the way full of batter (just barely covering the bottom). Add some marshmallows, about 3-5. Top with more batter until 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until cooked through. If you use the toothpick trick, remember that it may be done but still come out with melted chocolate chips or marshmallows. Don’t overcook!
What are YOUR favorite type of muffins?
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…