Spicy Dr Pepper Chicken Strips
My hubby LOVES spicy food. Me? I do love it – but can’t really handle it anymore since having kids. When I make recipes that have a bit of a ‘kick’ to them, I try to make them flexible, so we can adjust the level of spicy to please not only his taste buds, but my wimpy ones, too! These Spicy Dr Pepper Chicken Strips are just that – perfect for any level of hot you prefer! Plus they’re full of flavor and SUPER easy to make, making this a total win!
You don’t HAVE to do these as chicken strips – the sauce really would be great for wings, full chicken breasts, or even in a crockpot with some chicken for an even easier dish! But really, can you get much easier than just THREE ingredients to make the yummy sauce? I don’t think so 🙂 Plus, it uses Dr Pepper – the most wonderful of all drinks, in my very blunt opinion!
Ingredients – Sauce
- 24 oz. Dr Pepper
- 1/2 cup Hot Sauce of choice (I used Franks Red Hot Sauce)
- 4 tbsp. Brown Sugar
Directions – Sauce
- In a medium saucepan, mix this ingredients well over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes while the sauce reduces (about half) and thickens slightly.
When the sauce is done, use it to coat the meat of your choice – wings, strips, or a roasted chicken, if that suits your fancy! To make it super quick for our purpose here, I bought some pre-cooked chicken strips, heated them up in the oven, then just tossed them in a bowl with the sauce until they were fully coated.
These were made as part of a football party where I made EVERYTHING using Dr Pepper – gotta learn to love football somehow, right, so why not with the drinks and food?!
How spicy do you like YOUR chicken?
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- Natural Laxatives for Kids: Gentle Constipation Relief - August 31, 2023
- Boost Milk Supply with Tasty Lactation Smoothie Recipes - August 24, 2023
- The Top 5 Foods to Eat While Breastfeeding - August 23, 2023