This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
A Turkey Pesto Panini Sandwich is the a delicious and easy lunch that’s impressive for company. Trust me, this will be your new favorite sandwich this summer!
I just adore making my own basil pesto at home. In the summer, when we grow our own basil, I almost always have a jar in the refrigerator. You can get my favorite recipe for Basil Pesto here. You could also try my Tarragon Walnut Pesto for something different.
You can use a store-bought pesto, but in my humble opinion, it’s just not the same as homemade. As for the other ingredients, I enjoy fresh mozzarella and a slow roasted turkey. You can get the turkey from the deli, but leftovers from a roasted turkey is phenomenal. This is one of those cases where quality ingredients make a big difference in the sandwich itself.
When you’re making a panini sandwich, you need to start with a hearty bread. It needs to hold up to being pressed so I like using a ciabatta or focaccia bread. Regular sandwich bread is too light and airy and won’t hold up to the panini press.
Here’s how to make a delicious Turkey Pesto Panini
- Sliced roasted turkey breast
- White or whole wheat ciabatta bread, sliced
- Fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Store-bought or homemade Basil Pesto
- Tomato slices, optional
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat your panini press according instructions from the manufacturer.
- To make one sandwich, spread two slices of the bread with 1 tablespoon of the Basil Pesto. Next, layer on 2-3 slices of turkey. Top with mozzarella slices, and, if desired, tomato slices. Top with the second slice of bread. Gently brush the outside slices of bread with a little olive oil.
- Repeat for additional sandwiches.
- To grill on the panini press, add the sandwich to the preheated press and and close. Cook 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot.
This Turkey Pesto Panini is a delicious summer sandwich. Mr. Juggling Act prefers his with fresh summer tomatoes. Either way, this is one tasty sandwich!